Pancakes are a Sunday tradition at our place. The boys love them and I love that the husband cooks. It doesn’t get much better than happy kids, pancake aromas wafting through the house, a cooking husband and a relaxed wife, right?! Although it all quickly fades when they scream “Finished daddy!!!!!” and start running through the house with sticky hands, the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it and we are running late for swimming lessons again! #chaos Haha!
Anyway, back to the pancakes! This recipe is super easy and very quick. But my favourite part is that they are nourishing for the boys. Made with only 3 simple and staple ingredients – quick oats, eggs and banana!
They take approx 15 minutes. 5 minutes prep time and 10 minutes cook time. Here is the recipe, we hope you enjoy them 🙂
RECIPE Serves 4
- 2 Ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 quick oats
- Extra virgin olive oil spray (just enough for a 3 second spray of the pan)
- Mash banana in a bowl, add in eggs and oats and mix well
- Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat
- Spoon desired amount into pan. Repeat with remaining batter
- Cook for 1–2 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for 1–2 minutes or until pancakes are golden and cooked through.
- Add your desired toppings! Some suggestions: maple syrup, berries, greek yoghurt, sliced banana, peanut butter + honey – whatever you like!
- To increase batter volume, you can slowly add more oats in, if it gets to thick, add some milk (of choice) will help to adjust the batter consistency.
Nutrition Coach, Fit Bodiez